Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 012/2011 "On safety of the equipment for work in explosive environments"
Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 012/2011 "On safety of the equipment for work in explosive environments" was adopted by the CCU Decision No 825 on December 18, 2011, and came into force on February 15, 2013.
Scope of application
The CU TR 012/2011 applies to electrical equipment including ex-components and non-electrical equipment for explosion hazardous environment operations.
Ex-component - is a device which provides safe operations in explosion hazardous environment. The device is not intended for stand-alone operation.
The Technical Regulation 012/2011 is not applicable for:
- Medical products;
- equipment that could turn unsafe if explosion hazardous substances and/or unstable chemical mixtures are present;
- domestic appliances if explosion hazardous environment develops due to leak of fuel gas;
- personal protective equipment;
- sea vessels, inland water ships, mobile offshore and drilling platforms for sea and inland water operations;
- nuclear weapons.
Mark of explosion safety
Ex-proof equipment and Ex-components are characterized by having special labeling. The basic size of EX-mark must be at least 10 mm. Picture of the EX-mark must be stand out against a background on ex-proof equipment and Ex-components.
Confirmation of conformity
The equipment for operation in explosive atmospheres should undego the procedure of confirmation of conformity in the form of certification (Certificate of Conformity).
- List of the adopted Technical Regulations of the Customs Union/Eurasian Economic Union
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 004/2011 "On safety of the low-voltage equipment"
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 010/2011 "On safety of machinery and equipment"
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 016/2011 "On safety of equipment operating on gaseous fuel"
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 020/2011 "Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment"
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 032/2013 "On safety of the equipment working under excessive pressure"