Technical Regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union 040/2016 "On safety of fish and fish products"
The Technical Regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union 040/2016 "On safety of fish and fish products" was adopted by the Decision of the Eurasian Economic Commission dated October 18, 2016. Entered into force on September 1, 2017.
Scope of application
The Technical Regulation applies to fish products issued in the territory of the Union.
The subjects of Technical Regulation are:
a) Fish products in a processed or unprocessed form, including the following species:
- Live fish and aquatic invertebrates;
- Fresh fish, aquatic invertebrates, aquatic mammals, aquatic plants;
- Chilled, frozen, pasteurized fish products;
- Jerked, dried, pickled, salted fish products;
- Hot smoked and cold smoked fish products;
- Fish products for baby nutrition;
- Fish cookery;
- Ready-to-cook fish products;
- Minced fish;
- Canned fish;
b) Processes of the production, storage, transportation, sales and utilization of fish products.
Technical regulation 040/2016 does not apply to:
- Processes of breeding and growing of fish, aquatic invertebrates, aquatic mammals and other aquatic animals, as well as seaweed and other aquatic plants;
- Specialized fish products (except for fish products for baby nutrition);
- Biologically active supplements to food and food additives, which are produced on the basis of fish, other aquatic animals and aquatic plants;
- Processes of the production, storage, transportation, sales and utilization of fish products of cottage industry;
- Domestic fish products produced by citizens;
- The products made of amphibians and reptiles;
- Nonfood fish products.
Confirmation of conformity
The assessment of the conformity of fish products is carried out in the following forms:
- Declaration of Сonformity;
- State registration;
- Veterinary health examinations.
- List of the adopted Technical Regulations of the Customs Union/Eurasian Economic Union
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 005/2011 "On packaging safety"
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 021/2011 "On food safety"
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 022/2011 "On food product labeling"