Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 031/2012 "On safety of agricultural and forestry tractors and trailers"
Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 031/2012 "On safety of agricultural and forestry tractors and trailers" was adopted by the Decision of the EEC Council № 60 on July 20, 2012, and came into force on February 15, 2015.
Scope of application
The CU TR 031/2012 applies to manufactured and imported wheeled and tracked agricultural and forestry tractors and its trailers. According to requirements of the CU TR 031/2012 tractors with the maximum speed not less than 6 km/hour are subjects of Technical Regulation. The CU TR also establishes the requirements to newly manufactured and imported components of the tractor and trailers, such as:
- lights (dipped headlight, main headlight, fog lamps);
- speed limiting devices;
- direction indicator;
- fixtures for lighting license plate number;
The list of components subjects to CU TR 031/2012 is indicated in Annex No 1.
The CU TR 031/2012 does not apply to:
- Tractors and trailers, produced by individual order;
- tractors and trailers which were produced and put into circulation in the common customs territory of the states - members of the EAEU until the date of coming into force of the CU TR (February 15, 2015);
- tractors and trailers being in operation or repairing.
Confirmation of conformity
The agricultural and forestry tractors and trailers should undergo the procedure of confirmation of conformit in the form of the certification (Certificate of Conformity).
- List of the adopted Technical Regulations of the Customs Union/Eurasian Economic Union
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 018/2011 "On safety of wheeled vehicles"