Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 028/2012 "On safety of explosives and explosive-based products"
Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 028/2012 "On the safety of explosives and explosive-based products" was adopted by the Decision of the EEC Council No 57 on July 20, 2012, and came into force on July 1, 2014.
Scope of application
Explosive – chemical substance or mixture of such substances that can produce an explosion if released suddenly, usually accompanied by the production of light, heat, sound, and pressure.
This CU TR applies to the following:
- explosives and products on their basis developed for using energy of explosion (for industrial purpose);
- substances and means used for production of explosives (excluding initiating explosives);
- emulsions and oxidant matrices based on ammonium nitrate (developed to receive water-based explosives).
The CU TR 028/2012 does not apply explosives and explosive-based products used for military purposes or in fireworks.
Confirmation of conformity
The explosives and explosive-based products should undergo the procedure of confirmation of conformity in the form of certificationn (Certificate of Conformity).
- List of the adopted Technical Regulations of the Customs Union/Eurasian Economic Union
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 006/2011 "On safety of pyrotechnic products"