Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 008/2011 "On safety of toys"
Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 008/2011 "On safety of toys" was adopted by the Decision of Commission of the Customs Union No 798 on September, 23 2011, and came into force on July 1, 2012.
Scope of application
This Technical Regulation applies to all toys produced in the Eurasian economic union (EAEU) or being imported into the EAEU (for example, dolls, toy musical instruments, puzzles, children's balls, plasticine, swimming pools for children, etc).
CU TR doesn’t apply to:
- sports equipment;
- swimming equipment;
- сhristmas-tree decorations, hristmas lights;
- equipment for children's playgrounds;
- imitation jewelry for children;
- puzzles containing more than 500 details;
- playing slot-machines;
- catapults and throwers;
- bicycles intended for transportation on roads of general use;
- air guns;
- fire-arms replicas;
- "professional" toys located in public spaces for general use;
- scale models for collecting not intended for children under 14 years old;
- folk and decorative dolls not intended for children under 14 years old;
- sanitary items made of latex, rubber and silicone elastomers for children;
- projectiles with metal tips;
- vehicles intended for children under 14 years of age with internal combustion engines, toy cars with steam engines;
- toys and games functioning at a nominal voltage of over 24 V;
- chargers for rechargeable batteries, including those supplied with the toy;
- bows the length of which exceeds 1200 mm when loosed;
- flying toys launched by the child by means of a rubber cord;
- items containing heating elements and intended for use in educational processes under the supervision of adults;
- protective means;
The CU TR "On safety of toys" doesn’t also apply to toys which are not considered as toy and also on the toys made by the individual order and exhibition samples.
Confirmation of conformity
Conformity of conformity of toys is made in the form of certification (Certificate of Conformity).
- List of the adopted Technical Regulations of the Customs Union/Eurasian Economic Union
- Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 007/2011 "On safety of products for children and teenagers"