Technical Regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union 043/2017 "On requirements for fire safety and fire extinguishing means"
The Technical Regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union 043/2017 "On requirements for fire safety and fire extinguishing means" was adopted by the Decision of the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission dated June 23, 2017 No 40. Enters into force on June 1, 2020.
Scope of application
The Technical Regulation applies to fire safety and fire-fighting equipment designed to prevent, reduce the risk of occurrence, to limit the development of fire, to extinguish fire, to save people, to protect life and/or health, property and the environment from fire, such as:
- Extinguishing substances (foaming, powders);
- Fire extinguishers;
- Fire closets, fire hydrants;
- Mobile fire extinguishers (motor vehicles, fire trucks, pumps);
- Fire Detectors;
- Self-rescuers, breathing apparatus;
- Special protective clothing for firefighters.
- Fire extinguishing agent - is a substance that stops the combustion process;
- Mobile fire extinguishers - are transport or transported fire-fighting vehicles (fire trucks, off-roaders, aircrafts, helicopters, trains, vessels, mobile robotics complexes, pumps, motorcycles, quad bikes, quadricycles, tricycles), designed to be used by fire brigade personnel in fire fighting and rescue activities;
- Means of self-salvation of the fire brigade - are technical means to ensure the safety of the independent or forcible movement of a firefighter from a danger zone in case of emergency.
Confirmation of conformity
The assessment of the compliance of fire safety and fire extinguishing means carries out in the form of certification or declaration (Certificate of Conformity, Declaration of Conformity).